Friday, March 25, 2011

Out of the Wild

We have just finished up Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer! Instead of a test, our class did creative projects and I chose to do a travel poster on Fairbanks, Alaska. Rather than just a regular poster with images and information, I drew a postcard and wrote a note to the Purples English class. The note read:

Dear Purples,
GREETINGS FROM FAIRBANKS, ALASKA! I hope you all are enjoying the beginnings of spring weather in Maryland, but here it is still about 25 degrees and there is still snow on the ground! So far, I have taken a tour of the museum at the University and explored some of the old gold mining sites. My best adventure since arriving by plane three days ago, though, was the wildlife viewing tour near the city. On the tour, I saw caribou, moose, a grizzle bear, bald eagles, and a pack of wolves! As for plants, I saw mostly spruce forests with some aspen, birch, and willow mixed in. Every way you turn here, there is absolutely stunning scenery!
See you all when I get back,
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment