Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Journey That Would Change My Life

One journey that I would really like to take is one to New Zealand. I'd like to go to New Zealand with my Mom because she lived there for a few years before I was born and I would like to visit the places that she remembers. I think that this trip would be incredible, especially because I would be able to go away from all of the regular tourist attractions on the islands and see what it would be like to live in New Zealand. Even without going off the "beaten trail," I know that New Zealand is a stunning landscape with lots of things to do and see.
This journey would change my life because the people in New Zealand, especially in the places where my Mom went, live very differently from us. Their entire life revolved around a sheep station and the landscape meant that there were much greater distances between stations and towns. For instance, they cannot just run to a grocery store to get supplies or food, so it is shipped in once a week. Though this life style is certainly not the harshest in the world, it is very different from my life here and I think it would give me a fresh perspective on all of my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment