Tuesday, January 25, 2011

One of My [quite bizarre] Dreams


Well, before you read this, just know that I have really, really weird dreams. Also, I had this dream when I was about...nine. Since then, though, I can remember it almost perfectly and I've had it a few times since.

On a sunny summer day, my friends and I were driving home in a navy blue SUV-type car and had gotten almost to my house. Somehow, I was driving the car even though I was really young at the time. We were driving up the driveway when I realized that I didn’t know how to stop the car. After driving up and down my driveway for a while, s
omehow magically pivoting at each end, my friends and I were getting more and more panicked. Finally everyone was just screaming and I yelled at them to jump out of the car. The two people in the back, who I didn’t know very well then but am best friends with now, jumped out and were fine, but my friend Tara, who was in the passenger seat, refused to get out. She yelled that she wouldn’t leave me here because the car was starting to go faster and faster and get more out of control. Eventually, the door swung open on a turn and she half fell, half jumped out. After she was out, I turned the car to go straight out the driveway, opened my door and jumped. There is a small bank along my driveway, but somehow it was suddenly massive and I jumped just at the right (or rather wrong) time to send me flying out over the edge. I fell and fell for a while and then I woke with a start.



Strange things in this dream:

1. I was driving. I couldn't drive then and I still can't drive now.
2. It was almost foreshadowing with the people who were in the car with me, since I became really good friends witht them later on.
3. The car was apparently magical, since it could spin around on a dime.
4. Even though I didn't drive, I actually knew about the brakes at the time and now. Apparently I can't use them in my sleep, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment