Monday, November 1, 2010

A New Beginning

A New Beginning
Monologue by Margaret

(Enter MARGARET, the author of the blog and poster of all its fabulousness.)

MARGARET: It's a new quarter, a new unit, and a new look for this fantastic blog! (gestures grandly to blog)

MARGARET: What is our new unit, you say? Well, to start we are reading short stories.  Short stories are pretty great, except a lot of them are very frustrating in their endings and the fact that they are often too short! Personally, I don't read many short stories on my own, but I don't mind reading them for school. We'll also spend a little time on Edgar Allan Poe, right around Halloween. (spooky noises play)

MARGARET: And after that, Shakespeare! Drama! Theater! I love reading plays, especially when we act out the characters in class. Plus, I'm totally phsyched (even if it's far away) for our field trip to DC!

MARGARET: So, I have some pretty high hopes for the second quarter! We shall see how it turns out!

(MARGARET waves, exits. Blackout.)
(This picture is of my friends and me on Halloween this year. I'm one of the "Imma Bees" :D)


No comments:

Post a Comment